WARNING: The following advices and informations are purely indicative and by no means the responsability of the author. Everyone has to be sure that he is able to repair or maintain himself his motorbike, if in doubt, let it to a professional mechanic.
– Downloadable Dell’Orto documents, go to our forum
– Dell’Orto needle sizes
– Basic carb setting,1000 LAVERDA (Dell’Orto PHF 32, A/C A11)
– Basic carb setting,1000 LAVERDA JOTA (Dell’Orto PHF 32, A/C 4C)
– Basic carb setting, LAVERDA 650, 750 GT et American Eagle (Dell’Orto VHB 29
– Basic carb setting,LAVERDA 750 S et SF jusqu’en 1972 (Dell’Orto VHB 30)
– Basic carb setting,LAVERDA 750 SF1, SF2, SF3 (Dell’Orto PHF 36)
– Carb adjustement, global method
– Bigger carbs? How to calculate the new main jets size
– How to check carbs?
– How to balance the carbs?
– Dirty carbs, blocked galleries
– How to check the RGS fuel gauge?
– Carb diagram 350/500cc
– Float bowl level 350/500cc
– Mikuni RS36: Parts list
– Mikuni RS36: Jetting/throttle slides
– Mikuni RS36: Setting and synchr.
– Original ignition test Laverda 1000 et 1200
– How to replace Nippon Denso High Tension ( HT ) connector wires:
– How to fit an IIS ignition system?
– How to find Nippon-Denso HT coils for BTZ ignition?
– Spark plugs
– NGK manual about spark plugs, equivalences, etc…
– Ignition box for 750 SFC Electronica
– Installing a DMC2 ignition on a 750cc
– Installing a DMC2 ignition on a 1000 120 degr.
– How to fit an IIS ignition system?
– How to fit a Sachse DGZ3 ignition/320W alternator combo on a 1000cc triple series 1?
– How to connect a filter for Veglia rev ciounter and DMC2 ignition
– 750 et 1000/1200 Laverda cams (lift, opening and closing figures)
– How to be sure that cam timing is correct?
– How to make adjustable camwheels on Laverda sohc twins?
– Different cam wheels and timing procedure
– Printable timing wheel
– 750 valve clearance
– 1000/1200 valve clearance
– How to adjust valve clearances (Laverda 1000 and 1200)?
– Valve sizes and angles
– 750 et 1000/1200 cylinder head nuts torque
– Working on cylinder head
– Unleaded conversion
– How to get undersized shims? (Laverda triple engine)
– Cylinder head restoration
– Oil viscosity and quantity, spring lenght
– Basic setting
– Ceriani and Marzocchi 38: How they work
– How to tune Laverda suspensions?
– How to fit « race tech » emulators?
– Marzocchi 38mm manual
– Marzocchi M1R 41,7mm manual
– Marzocchi Strada shocks manual
– Laverda 75/100cc (1949-1958)
– Laverda 48cc Laverdino 2T
– Laverda Laverdino 49cc 4T
– Laverda Miniscooter 49 and 60cc (1960-1963)
– Laverda 125/150cc (1964-1968)
– Laverda 750
– Laverda 1000/1200 180° 1ère série (1973-1980)
– Laverda 1000 180° 2ème série (1981-1982) et 1000 120°
– Laverda 1000 SFC (1986-1989)
– Laverda 350/500cc
Files for Laverdadecals
These files allow direct printing of the decals
crédit: Dennis, Saskatchewan, Canada
Tips and tricks
Nominal running clearance and plays
DIY (Breganze models —>1989)
– DIY: 1000/1200 Laverda valve control and adjustment
– DIY: Carb basic control
– DIY: Carb balancing
– DIY: Steering bearing replacing
– DIY: Fit an IIS ignition on a Laverda 1000 ou 1200
– DIY: Repairing SFC 1000 and RGS Corsa front floaters discs
– DIY: Rebuilding a crankshaft
– DIY: Modify a frame for racing purpose
– DIY: Cylinder head restoration
– DIY: Gearbox restoration
– DIY: Pistons and liners
– DIY: Fitting a kit of Mikuni RS36 carbs
– DIY: Setting up Mikuni carbs
– DIY: Oil change on Marzocchi M1R forks
– DIY: Setting gear selection (750 and 1000/1200, RHS selector)
– DIY: Fitting a replacement ignition module on a 750 SFC Electronica
– DIY: Fitting a modern upside down front fork
– DIY: Replacing the clutch drum silentblocks
– DIY: Installing a DMC2 ignition on a 750cc
– DIY: Starter free wheel repair (750/1000/1200)
– DIY: Restarting an engine after a long stop
– DIY: Difference between a 350 and a 500 model
– DIY: Master cylinder repair guide (credit to Lothar Esser)
– DIY: Install spoke wheels on later triples (credit to Gerald Dibrell)
– DIY: How to disassemble ND instruments (website salocal)
– DIY: Drum brake adjustement
– DIY: Clutch renewal
– DIY: How to close a new tight cam chain? (credit to Ernest Krueger)
– DIY: PHF carbs renewal